Select2 with ajax - previous field's text disappears when adding new rows. WTForms, jinja2

I am using Select2 with WTForms (SelectField) and Jinja2 populating the choices via ajax. The issue I am facing is that whenever I add or delete new rows/lines the previous fields “text” will disappear. I guess this happens when running render_template . How do I fix this? Any suggestions are appreciated.

If the choices are specified in the python file (SelectField) they would not disappear but I need them dynamic so this doesn’t work for me.
Also when using jquery-autocomplete with ajax the previous fields would not disappear and stay intact.

How do I make this work with Select2?

Here are two screenshots (well I am a new user and only allowed to upload a single image so had to combine those two):
select2-fields-combined

When Add Line or Delete Line is clicked all Select2 fields (MODEL on the image) are cleared to the default state. In my case to showing “No selection”

Javascript

$(element).parents('.row').find('.item-model').select2({
    placeholder: 'Select an option',
    ajax: {
        url: '/api/1/modelsnew',
        dataType: 'json',
        method: 'GET',
        data: function (params) {
            var specificquery = {
            name: params.term
            }
            return specificquery;
        },
        processResults: function (data) {
        		var res = data.models.map(function (item) {
                	return {id: item.name, text: item.name};
                });
            return {
                results: res
            };
        },
   },
   minimumInputLength: 2
});

Flask Form SelectField

class DeviceForm(FlaskForm):
    item_model = SelectField('MODEL', validators=[Optional()], choices=[('noselect', 'No selection')]+[])